Saturday, August 23, 2008

Some housekeeping...

A couple of blog-keeping things (with a few photos and video).

1) As you can probably tell, I'm not going to be able to keep up the posting everyday. As I rapidly get myself back to work, it becomes a bit more difficult to squeeze in time to post, upload photos, make videos, and such. I will do my best to post as often as I can, to keep everyone as "up-to-date" as possible (especially after important days/events--like Gram Nance and Papa Joe [names yet to be confirmed] arriving today), but daily is probably not likely--though I will try to maintain at least 2 posts a week [hopefully with more]. And again, sorry to those who may have felt "slighted" the last couple of days with the missing posts. I apologize for getting you hooked on the blog and its daily entries and then missing a day or two without warning.

2) It has been brought to my attention that my blog may be "scaring" some folks about parenthood (those friends or family contemplating becoming parents who think the "troubles" and "rough patches" that I post are in fact the way things are all the time). The truth is that it couldn't be further from the truth. Gavin is a really wonderful baby, and we count our blessings everyday that he is healthy and that these are the only consistent issues we have to battle. The minor sleep deprivations (which are to be expected with a new born, and which are quite taxing) and the battles with gas really are the primary challenges we have. Sure, we would like more sleep, but it isn't as rough as it may sound here--I can't always write posts that say, "Everything is good. Enjoy your day" (not as exciting to read). Also, the first few days of trying to get things into some manageable semblance were actually a bit rough--I won't kid about that, especially in the hospital with those stupid leg-compressor/blood circulation things Nikki had on--but now that we have found a rhythm things are quite nice.

Anyways, Nancy and Joe will be arriving very soon, and so I am sure I will have photos and video to post in the coming days of them meeting Gavin. Nikki and I are really excited for him to meet them, with him being their first Grandchild (and a grand one he is), and we are "chomping at the bit" for their arrival. It should be a fun week (and then Aunt Laura and Stuart will arrive...and all bets are off at that point).


No comments: