Last night was another taxing one. He decided to cluster feed around 1-2 in the morning...it was an insatiable kind of hunger. But we survived...though I'm not exactly sure how. Luckily, again this morning he decided to sleep for 3 hours, so that was helpful.
Nikki is healing well and we will be heading home tomorrow. Despite the surgery-related pain, she has been amazing (pushing through the sleep deprivation better than some of us--at times I felt like a walking zombie...though a round of Starbucks and now I'm on a roll).
As requested, I've included more videos. It's tough to catch him cooing because he's either content or hungry (or so it seems). Plus, with the lack of sleep, all the camera buttons start to look the same. But below are a few short unedited clips.
Also, the photo of the three of us was taken by Lane Swanson, a friend of ours from Illinois College who is also here at Clemson University while her husband Dustin finishes his Ph.D. in Entomology. Lane stopped by yesterday evening to check on us, meet Gavin, and make sure we had everything we needed. Lane is one of the many people who have offered to help us out, check on us, provide food or support, and generally take care of anything we might need help with, and we greatly, GREATLY appreciate all of you: especially, we would like to thank Lane for checking in on us and for the several meals she has already made for us (and for taking this photo); Toni Vitanza, who has food waiting for us (all we need do is place a call) and who is willing to help at the drop of a hat (which is unbelievably comforting), and Amanda Booher, who will be helping us transition back home tomorrow, among many other things.
3 comments:
I swear I heard him say "MawMaw"! I think he needs me?
MawMaw
I'm glad you guys have such good friends around who are helping you and feeding you. I wish I was close enough to put a casserole in your freezer!
Nikki, feel free to call me if you need any emotional or moral support, or just want to brag about your beautiful baby boy!
I hope your transition home goes well.
Jill
Rylee and I are sitting here watching Gavin. Of course we have watched the video 10 million times cause Rylee keeps saying "baby, again" :) He gets more adorable each time I see him. BTW your room there is so much nicer than mine was and I am glad to see you have a functioning TV in the background. Hopefully Rotor Rooter has not kicked you out like they did me! LOL! Can't wait for you guys to come home so I can visit! Call me if you need me!
Post a Comment