We have discovered the painful reality of having an infant son with an ear infection. Seriously, how come no one warned us of this enjoyable experience? The ear infection essentially drains into his throat and into the sinus cavity, causing him to cough like he has bronchitis and causing his nasal passages to block like it is a sinus infection. The poor kid had some really rough days where he didn't sleep for more than an hour, maybe two, at a time. This, of course, took its toll on us as well, but more so his mother than I as I spent the last few days out on a job interview.The upside is that we have started to turn the corner with this problem, though he still has some lingering residuals to get rid of. Oh, and then there is the wonderful experience of a having a baby on antibiotics (ammoxicillin), and those who have experienced this will know exactly what kind of surprise side effects that brings.
Nonetheless, things are going well. Gavin is pretty much adjusted to going to daycare and one of the ladies there has made special efforts to bond with him. Of course, he is quite a people person, and seems to find comfort in most places, but it is nice to know that they try to do these sorts of things with the babies so there is someone comforting there for them.
Next week I return to the interview game and hopefully Gavin will be his usual, happy self. Me being gone puts enough strain on Nikki without the added stress of him being sick.
And, as you can tell, I have included a couple of photos. Nikki took these last night. Enjoy!
1 comment:
Sorry to hear that sweet Gavin is sick! I'm sure I warned you at some point about the perils of a baby with ear infections, though at the time you probably weren't listening (or didn't care)! ;-)
I hope the amoxicillan clears up the infection pronto so he can get back to normal.
Cute photos Nikki!
Jill
Post a Comment