Tuesday, January 13, 2009

So close...

Everyday we get just a bit closer to rolling over from our back to our belly. From there is crawling, and then everything will be brought to bear on the new world we shall call Gavinland. But for now, we keep reaching, trying to figure out this rolling over thing.

He really is so close. He gets right to that edge and kicks a little, but alas he ends up returning to his back. This is accompanied by a look of "give me that"--in reference to whatever toy (or TV remote) being used to lure him into this attempted rollover. Of course, a few seconds later, we try again. This is seemingly Gavin's mini version of the life of Sisyphus.

Beyond this rollover game, there isn't a lot new to share as we are just finding our stride once again after our extended trip back home. Gavin is slowly getting accustomed to the new daycare and things are going well for him there, so that is a big relief.

As a side note, I came upon this website and found it humorous enough to share http://www.cutethingsfallingasleep.org/. I really enjoy the puppy who keeps falling asleep in his water bowl--and there are other enjoyable ones as well; surprisingly, watching things nod off can be quite humorous.

Anyways, next week begins my interview travels and so with that tight schedule I do not know if I will get a chance to post. I will, of course, make sure I post if something exciting happens, like him rolling back-to-belly, especially if Nikki or myself can catch it on camera, but I wanted to give everyone notice of my absenteeism so as not to once again receive messages demanding more news--which is perfectly acceptable behavior for this blog under normal circumstances.

Until my next post, I hope you enjoy these few recent photos.

No comments: