Sunday, July 13, 2008

Some Final Bean Preparations

When simple words aren't enough to fully express one's gratitude and appreciation, how does one say it, show it? Where does one turn when words fail?

Though I do not know how to put it specifically, eloquently, into words, I will simply say, on behalf of Nikki and myself, "Thank You! Thank you, Nancy and Laura, for visiting; thank you for numerous evenings of laughter and fun; and, most importantly, thank you for helping us 'finish' preparing for the Bean's arrival." While I know we will never be fully prepared for his arrival, it is extremely comforting to know that we are probably as close to "set" as we are going to be, and it would not have been possible (or at least not as much fun) without their help.

While I won't beguile you with stories of their visit, won't share the putt-putt frustrations, the shopping adventures, or the list of ice cream encounters, I will share some images. Below are some shots of the Bean's room, which came together via the style/scheme selection of Nicole, the touch and layout sense of Laura, and the guiding eye of Nancy. Is it TLC ready? I don't know (their design options were seriously constrained by "renter limitations."). Is it a room our son can call home, a place where he (we) can begin a life? Most definitely.






























_____________________________
http://www.clemson.edu/~hodgson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The room looks great! Can't wait to see it and the "bean".

MawMaw