Wednesday, April 9, 2008

ABD - getting closer (on all fronts)

I figured since the title is "Her, Me, & the Bean" that I could include news for (about) me in this post. So, it is with great pleasure that I write today's post to inform...well, the world, I suppose...that I have officially passed my exams (3 written & 1 oral--a presentation followed by a Q&A session), and after the paper work was filed today I am officially ABD (which is an actual status/classification that stands for "all but dissertation"). Thus, the only thing between me and an end to the "official" part of this lifetime of education I signed on for is writing a tiny little thing like a 200-300 page dissertation (much in the spirit and style of a book for publication) that contributes some grand scholarly knowledge. Of course, between now and then, I plan on a son arriving to productively complicate things (in a good way), but for now, I will relax the rest of the day and get back to work tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, we visit the doctor again. Not sure what, if any, exciting news this visit might bring; I believe it is just a routine "maintenance," but I will post any new, interesting, exciting (or even, "just not boring") news after our visit.

_____________________________
http://www.clemson.edu/~hodgson

No comments: