Monday, June 8, 2009

back home and settled...for a week or so

Things are getting a bit crazy around here these days. The trip home was nice, and it was really great to see everyone, but as a result I have been extra busy since our return. I have prep work for this fall at Austin--not to mention the time spent laying out a game plan for finding a suitable residence--and with some upcoming travel to California for a conference, followed by travel to Texas to locate a place to live when we move, followed by a trip to Memphis for my nephew's baptism, there just doesn't seem to be enough time to post. But I will work on these things and try to do better, especially now that he starting to pick up new skills almost daily.


I must begin this post (well, begin again) by saying thank you to everyone for their graduation well-wishes and congratulations and gifts and thoughts and prayers. And I would especially like to thank all those friends and family in the Liberty area (and Griggsville, and Jacksonville) who made it to the small graduation party at the Liberty Park--especially a big thanks to Aunt Terry and Jodie for catering the event and to Aunt Pam and the countless others, especially my mother and sister, for their work on putting together the party. I would also like to pay special tribute to Glen Levit Scotch as its consumption by my father and brother at the "after-party" provided hours of entertainment and several years worth of stories.

-----

Getting back to Gavin, the star of this show, he is getting closer to walking on his own. I believe he really intends on skipping over crawling as it just doesn't suit his style. But he is still, unmercifully so, in the "help me trek all-around the house" stage. As a result, both Nikki and I believe we are developing hunch-backs. But it is worth it as he is so very proud of himself when he travels all over the house, and he has even started to kick a Wiffle ball when he walks--maybe he will play a little soccer in the coming years, who knows?

Anyways, I have included an image above from our Zoo excursion and there is also a brief video/slide-show of some other images from our visit home. I don't have any photos from the trip up to Liberty, as so many others were taking photos that I figured I would just get them from them. As such, if you have photos from the party (or the next afternoon), please feel free to send them to me. My new email is hodgson.rcid@gmail.com.

No comments: