Tuesday, June 16, 2009

As the (Gavin) World Turns

This week in the "World of Gavin" finds us still faced with a refusal to crawl. He will "skootch" across the floor (and you'll know exactly what that is if you ever see it) but no crawling. Granted, it it's not like he isn't trying to be mobile, as he prefers to "walk," but his "walk" is a bit painful after awhile as one of us has to follow along behind him, holding his arms for balance and safety (as he can't do it on his own yet) and this particular activity requires a slight bending over at all times (5 minutes in and your lower back screams at you). Someday this will change, which will be both better and worse, but for now this is our situation: hunched over, escorting Gavin on his countless trips up and down the hallway.

Shifting topics a bit, we find ourselves in readying for a couple of visitors. Gavin's Aunt Laura and Grandpa Joe are coming down for a few days (each in turn) while I venture out to Davis, CA for a conference and then on to Austin to secure living accommodations. Not only are we thrilled that they are coming, but I am sure Gavin is happy too as he can already use a break from just hanging out with Nikki and I. After this visit, we will only have a handful of weeks remaining before we make the big move to Austin...and we'll see what kind of fun that journey brings our way.

On a somewhat unrelated note, due to an unexpected removal from the Clemson email system, my new (temporary) email address is hodgson.rcid@gmail.com. If you have tried to contact me in the past couple of weeks, I apologize for not responding as I have been locked out of my Clemson account and therefore unable to check my email.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the photos--they are both from our recent trip home: the first is Nikki and Gavin in the butterfly house at the St. Louis Zoo and the other is from the graduation party (taken by Peggy Stanley).

No comments: