Sunday, February 15, 2009

The immaculate rollover...or so I'm told

I am going photoless this time because we missed it! Figures.

As such, we have no photos nor video footage of his first rolling from back to belly. And since both Nikki and I missed it, I figured it only fair that others do too.

Nancy and Joe are the only ones who actually saw this rolling milestone. They came into town on Thursday and volunteered to watch Gavin on Friday as his daycare was closed for a day of training for staff. Sometime around noon, Nikki calls me in the office to tell me that Gavin had just rolled over. She's at work. I'm at work. He's home playing with the grandparents and doing amazing tricks and whatnot. Something just didn't seem right. But alas, he is a performer and we should have known this would happen. And, if nothing else, at least it happened with them and not at daycare where it wouldn't have been any particular big deal.

Anyways, things are going well. I am theoretically done with this traveling bit for a few weeks (until March rolls around), so perhaps we can again get back to more regular posts. Additionally, part of the reason we have no images included in this post is that Gavin is getting his first professional photos done today and I thought I would just wait to display those. If nothing else, the lack of images (and the lack blog posts in general) should help make his photos that much more amazing--kind of like the phenomenon of being hungry and seeing only food signs when flying down the interstate.

Nancy and Joe are in town for a few more days, and so we hope to spend as much time with them as possible, but I will get his new photos up as soon as I get a chance--provided, of course, that they came out dazzling (wouldn't want to put up pictures of a FrankenGavin) .


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So he is performer....I wonder where he got that from??? -Dana