Sunday, August 23, 2009

Still settling in...

Sorry for the delay in posting, I've been in new faculty orientation all week and a bit too swamped to post. But hopefully things will get a bit better as we go forward, or I may have to get Nikki to start posting to make up for my shortcomings.

Things are still hot here. We are now in the second hottest year in the history of Central Texas. But that heat doesn't seem to phase Gavin. He perpetually wants to play outside, and it is all we can do to limit his outdoor time to mornings and evenings when its not as bad. Of course, the other night it was still 95 degrees at 10:30pm, but at least the sun wasn't out, which meant less chance of your face melting.

Shifting gears a bit, it was recently brought to my attention by one of Nikki's wonderful Aunts that I missed a golden opportunity to make a big hoopla over Nikki's most recent milestone birthday. For those who don't know, Nikki officially moved out of her 20s on August 15th. In a few weeks I will be joining her at this milestone, but until then I jokingly am married to a "cougar."

Beyond that, not much is new here. We recently had Gavin's 1st year photos taken (as you can tell from some of the images here). Thanks to both Aunt Sherry and Aunt Laura for their recommendations for using Portrait Innovations, those folks were fantastic and we got some really great shots. We will be sure to disperse the photos to as many people as we can the next time we see everyone. Until then, please enjoy these digital stand-ins.

(NOTE: The images included here are some of the proofs we didn't choose to turn into pictures . . . there were just too many good ones.)

No comments: