Thursday, October 2, 2008

Work Delays

I know it's been a little longer than anticipated since my last post, but I've been battling a little bit of a cold and trying to squeeze out the latest chapter in my dissertation (which would have been considerably more difficult if Nikki's parents hadn't visited--their being here makes it easier for me to work for 6-8+ hours a night).

As always, their visit was enjoyable and we were saddened to see them leave. I know Gavin misses them as now he is stuck with just Mom and Dad--and mostly Mom as Dad is still trying to get a bunch of things done...though that will change next week as Nikki ventures back to work.

This past Tuesday night, Gavin slept from around 11:30pm to 7:00am. It was a great bout a sleep--would have probably been greater had I gone to bed at 11:30 instead of staying up until 2:30. But it was sleep that both he and Nikki needed. I think he was just getting well-rested to put out a burst of energy Wednesday morning before Joe and Nancy got "on the road again"--it was his sort of "goodbye bundle of joy", but, I like to think these kinds of weird things.

Anyways, who knows what our next post will bring. I am sure I will have comments on "life after Nikki goes back to work," and we are still in the midst of identify the mysterious creatures that roam our kitchen at night--it is becoming quite the game of "cat and mouse," seemingly straight from a Disney film. But more on that later when there is a resolution.

No comments: